If you’re like me and have the weakest spot for pasta then this will tickle you in every possible way! This dish is specifically targeted towards anyone on a low carb diet, or just for anyone who wants to eat something delicious without feeling bloated at the end. It is very very low in carbs and this dish is suitable for vegans and vegetarians once you take the prawns out and buy vegan pesto or make your own.
You will need:
- 600g spiralized courgette
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 400g raw prawns
- 190g pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil (for garnishing)
- Black pepper
1. Heat up your saucepan and drizzle your olive oil in. Once that’s heated, add in your onions and garlic and stir until they are translucent.
2. Add in your prawns, cook them until they turn pink.
3. Throw in your courgette and mix your prawns through. At this point some liquid will come out, you may pour the liquid away or keep it. I kept it, to thin out the pesto.
4. Scoop your pesto onto the courgette and gently stir in.
5. Once your courgette has warmed up, turn the heat off and decorate with tomatoes, basil and add black pepper. (You may also add a little bit of Parmesan cheese).