This soup is really hearty and I really love tomatoey concoctions and I wanted to put something together quickly that would still be full of nutrients and filling at the same time. Thats a win win situation no?
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or 400g fresh tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 100g of pasta of choice – I used macaroni elbow macaroni
- Chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add in your garlic, onions and courgette stirring occasionally until your onions are translucent.
- Pour in your tomatoes and lentils and some hot water to follow.
- Once your lentils are half cooked add in the spinach, seasonings and pasta.
- Cook the pasta till al dente then sprinkle the parsley over and serve immediately.
I sprinkled some dairy free parmesan style cheese on top and it was perfect! As always if you decide to make this recipe please tag me on instagram @eattravelinspire. ♥