This is a curry that I was inspired by when I was flicking through Pinterest having a look at recipes. I then looked at my recipe books to have a look at currys with meat and I thought up this perfect tasting curry for vegetarians and meat eaters.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 block of halloumi, chopped into cubes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of chopped peeled tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tsp mint flakes
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 bunch of coriander, washed & chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 bay leaf
- Small bunch fresh mint, washed & chopped
- Black pepper & salt to taste
Cook your rice as you would usually and add cardamon pods in with the boiling water.
- Blend can of coconut milk with cashew butter and canned tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil and add the onions, garlic and all of your spices, fresh mint, half the bunch of coriander (reserving the rest for after) and bay leaf, cooking until fragrant.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan put your halloumi blocks in a hot pan and fry until lightly browned on each side. Watch them closely as you do not want to burn them.
- Pour in your coconut sauce and gently simmer till bubbling.
- In a separate pan, gently fry your cashews until browned on each side or put in the oven to roast.
- Add in your halloumi, the desiccated coconut and serve over rice of your choice with fresh a sprinkling of fresh coriander and your roasted cashew nuts.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious vegetarian curry. As always please tag me on @eattravelinspire on instagram as I’d looove to see what you guys come up with ♥